- Job Title: Trade Finance Officer
- Report to: Head of Trade Finance
- Location: Athens
- Job Summary: Administration of all operational aspects of trade finance products
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Operating across the globe, BB Energy is among the world's leading independent energy trading companies - applying our depth of experience to oil refining, logistics, storage and financing.
At BB Energy, we are constantly evolving in order to meet new challenges, while developing our personnel to ensure a competitive edge.
Our global trading offices are staffed by experienced traders who count Gas, Crude Oil, Light and Middle Distillates, as well as Bitumen, as their specialties. These traders are supported by skilled shipping and financial operations personnel concentrated in Athens.
BB Energy has cemented its position as a pioneer in the Mediterranean and Black Sea regions and built exceptionally strong ties with the Middle East. From these core markets BB Energy has expanded its activities from the Far East to the Americas.
- Assist with bank positions related to trade facilities, charges applied and line utilisation;
- Support transactions with banks and maintain good relationships;
- Assist in issuance of bid bonds and performance guarantees required in the tenders participated by the company;
- Issuing, advising, confirming and discounting of Import/Export Documentary/Standby Letters of Credits;
- Shipping Documents’ Checking versus Documentary LCs;
- Checking wordings of Payment Undertakings, PCGs and follow up redemption of guarantees and LOIs;
- Evaluation and Analysis of counterparties and price risks;
- Advising on best bank’s quote for country risk LC cover and counterparty payment risk cover;
- Advising on insurance covers for country and third party risks;
- Liaising with and providing advice to different teams/departments.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPRERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or higher degree – preferably in Economics/Finance;
- Experience in similar role of minimum 4 years;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word);
- Good knowledge of Uniform Customs and Practice for Documentary Credits 2007 Rev (UCP ICC nr 600) & International Standard Banking Practice for the Examination of Documents under Documentary Credits 2007 Rev for UCP 600;
- Well organized, self-motivated with ability to use initiative and manage own workload without close supervision;
- Good communication skills both written and verbal;
- Ability to examine issues and propose workable solutions to management to resolve;
- Keen eye for detail;
- Accurate and timely data inputting and administration;
- Ability to work to strict deadlines;
- Excellent English;
- Previous financial services experience would be beneficial.
Applications should be lodged before noon on 15th June 2018
The success of our business is dependent on the trust and confidence we earn from our employees, customers and shareholders. We gain credibility by adhering to our commitments, displaying honesty and integrity and reaching company goals solely through honorable conduct.
We all deserve to work in an environment where we are treated with dignity and respect. BB Energy Group is committed to creating such an environment because it brings out the full potential in each one of us, which in return contributes directly to our business success. Our people are our success.
At BB Energy Group everyone feels comfortable to speak their mind, particularly with respect to ethics concerns. We are equally responsible to create an open and supportive environment and we have embraced the benefit of people exercising their power to prevent mistakes or wrongdoing by asking the right questions at the right time