- Job Title: Senior Accountant
- Report to: Group Financial Controller
- Location: Houston - USA
- Job Summary: To coordinate and monitor operations process, supporting the biodiesel desk
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Operating across the globe, BB Energy is among the world's leading independent energy trading companies - applying our depth of experience to oil refining, logistics, storage and financing.
At BB Energy, we are constantly evolving in order to meet new challenges, while developing our personnel to ensure a competitive edge.
Our global trading offices are staffed by experienced traders who count Gas, Crude Oil, Light and Middle Distillates, as well as Bitumen, as their specialties. These traders are supported by skilled shipping and financial operations personnel concentrated in Athens.
BB Energy has cemented its position as a pioneer in the Mediterranean and Black Sea regions and built exceptionally strong ties with the Middle East. From these core markets BB Energy has expanded its activities from the Far East to the Americas.
- Collect and summarize/record primary accounting information from the various operations of the BBE US entity and update in Company’s accounting software (journal entries for routine business processes)
- Cooperate effectively with Accounting staff in BBE UK to pass on accounting information to be integrated with Group financials and management reporting
- Assist with treasury process (payments)
- Prepare financial information and supporting schedules according to quarter end schedule
- Analyze deals/trades related entries to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a quarterly basis
- Prepare management reports and ad hoc reports as required
- Reconciliation of accounts and in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Assist with analyzing financial information periodically
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Assist with local tax and regulatory requirements/filings for the US entity in conjunction with BBE UK
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or higher degree in Accounting
- Qualified Accountant/Auditor preferred
- Big 4 audit firm background preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting systems and processes
- 5+ years accounting experience including industry experience
- Experience in the energy trading industry desired
- Solid foundation in generally accepted accounting principles (IFRS, US GAAP)
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Hands on attitude
- Highly detail oriented and work organized
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily interaction with line manager
- Ability to work cooperatively with all levels of employees and management
Applications should be lodged before noon on 31st May 2018
The success of our business is dependent on the trust and confidence we earn from our employees, customers and shareholders. We gain credibility by adhering to our commitments, displaying honesty and integrity and reaching company goals solely through honorable conduct.
We all deserve to work in an environment where we are treated with dignity and respect. BB Energy Group is committed to creating such an environment because it brings out the full potential in each one of us, which in return contributes directly to our business success. Our people are our success.
At BB Energy Group everyone feels comfortable to speak their mind, particularly with respect to ethics concerns. We are equally responsible to create an open and supportive environment and we have embraced the benefit of people exercising their power to prevent mistakes or wrongdoing by asking the right questions at the right time