Location: United Kingdom
Job Title: Refined Products Analyst
Start date: June/July 2018
Job Summary: Supporting trading decisions with critical market insight and reporting
How to apply:
To apply for this vacancy please send your CV and Cover Letter explaining your suitability for the role to: email@example.com using the reference "LON-ANALYST-18" followed by your name in the email subject. Please take care to ensure that you use the reference "LON-ANALYST-18" followed by your name in the email subject in order for us to process your application in a timely manner.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Operating across the globe, BB Energy is among the world’s leading independent energy trading companies – applying our depth of experience to oil refining, logistics, storage and financing.
At BB Energy, we are constantly evolving in order to meet new challenges, while developing our personnel to ensure a competitive edge.
Our global trading offices are staffed by experienced traders who count Gas, Crude Oil, Light and Middle Distillates, as well as Bitumen, as their specialities. These traders are supported by skilled shipping and financial operations personnel concentrated in Athens.
BB Energy has cemented its position as a pioneer in the Mediterranean and Black Sea regions and built exceptionally strong ties with the Middle East. From these core markets BB Energy has expanded its activities from the Far East to the Americas.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are seeking a highly motivated and inquisitive person to join our team full-time as a refined products analyst; supporting trading decisions with critical market insight. Development would be strongly supported by senior members of the team with the aim of significant growth within the role and, in the long term, potential for advancement within a rapidly expanding and ambitious organization.
To succeed in this role, you need to be a self-starter, able to problem solve and draw logical conclusions in face of ambiguity and mixed information.
· Monitoring import and export flows of refined products and relating to product balances and trading activity
· Maintaining supply and demand balance inputs
· Undertake ad hoc analysis/reporting
· Analyzing refinery fundamentals
· Providing support and guidance to commercial decision making
· All other duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• Good academic performance in Graduate/Postgraduate education
• Comfortable with long working hours, due to the time zone difference
• Fluent in English (any other language will be considered an asset)
• Be detailed and self-disciplined
• Proactive with high capacity for developing/learning
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving
• Commercial awareness
• Experience in computer modelling (MATLAB, Python)- this is desirable but not necessary
• Be observant and resourceful
• Be methodical
• Be a team player
• Genuine interest in the Oil & Gas industry
Applications should be lodged before noon on
The success of our business is dependent on the trust and confidence we earn from our employees, customers and shareholders. We gain credibility by adhering to our commitments, displaying honesty and integrity and reaching company goals solely through honorable conduct.
We all deserve to work in an environment where we are treated with dignity and respect. BB Energy Group is committed to creating such an environment because it brings out the full potential in each one of us, which in return contributes directly to our business success. Our people are our success.
At BB Energy Group everyone feels comfortable to speak their mind, particularly with respect to ethics concerns. We are equally responsible to create an open and supportive environment and we have embraced the benefit of people exercising their power to prevent mistakes or wrongdoing by asking the right questions at the right time