Job Title: Product Operator
Report to: Head of Operations
Job Summary: To coordinate and monitor operations process
About the company
Operating across the globe, BB Energy is among the world's leading independent energy trading companies - applying our depth of experience to oil refining, logistics, storage and financing.
At BB Energy, we are constantly evolving in order to meet new challenges, while developing our personnel to ensure a competitive edge.
Our global trading offices are staffed by experienced traders who count Gas, Crude Oil, Light and Middle Distillates, as well as Bitumen, as their specialities. These traders are supported by skilled shipping and financial operations personnel concentrated in Athens.
BB Energy has cemented its position as a pioneer in the Mediterranean and Black Sea regions and built exceptionally strong ties with the Middle East. From these core markets BB Energy has expanded its activities from the Far East to the Americas.
- Check purchase/sale contracts and amendments, ensuring that terms are in line with the trader’s concluded deal recaps.
- Follow up compliance with deadlines, in all contractual and operational aspects.
- Clear and detailed instructions always consistent with contract - cover all operational functions related to the contract
- Coordinate loading/discharge of sea-going vessels, monitoring the vessel movements closely
- Follow up on min/max quantities and draft respective restrictions, closely coordinating with traders on quantities and monitor the ETAs of ships and berthing prospects.
- Clear, timely and detailed instructions always consistent with contract - cover all operational functions related to the contract
- Receive and understand all information on the Financing side of the business (issuing bank, advising bank, L/Cs, open account etc.), and coordinate closely with the tradefinance.
- Follow up on inspection processes
- Coordinate and monitor STS operations, doping operations and documentation for STS shipments.
- Day to day follow up on contracts and deliveries including related operational matters as well as operational documentations.
- Nominations to vessel shipbrokers, inspectors and other parties including checking of fixtures on subs, highlighting to relevant trader/team any points in the fixture which can have direct or indirect consequences on operations, including related contracts - cover operational aspects related to the chartered vessels
- Handling of any designated storage contracts and operations related to storage and inventory.
- Tenders – preparing draft bids and offers and liaise with related traders to submit bids and offers on timely basis
- Liaising with claim department for demurrages received or to be issued, and timely issuance of claims and consistent monitor and follow up to ensure finalization of claims and timely settlements.
- Responsibility for insurance and certificates, pertaining to marine insurance as well as storage insurances.
- Responsibility for documents (LOIs, B/Ls), which includes shipping documents and inspector reports which must be checked to ensure no errors.
- Invoicing and monitoring of accounts (proformas, credit notes, debit notes) ie follow up on cargo invoices, including inspection invoices and other related invoices to the operations
- Presentation of documents to the bank, either via liaising with tradefinance officer for documents related to LCs or direct presentation to buyers under open account payments.
- Check of all invoices received and issued– correct data and figure are these invoices
- Main point of contact for any troubleshooting
- Prepare, review and distribute reports, feedback, analysis, and other market data, including proper filing of all operational works as per company’s present system and procedures.
- Expected to work across all petroleum and gas products including crudes and LNGs
Desired skills & experience
- Relevant operations experience of 5+ years in a similar position
- Strong operations skills in clean products, storage management, ship operations will be beneficial
- Computer literate
- Comfortable with long working hours, due to the time zone difference
- Excellent understanding of Incoterms 2010
- Be detailed and results oriented
- Clear understanding of operations processes and documentation
- Thorough knowledge of the business or commercial market
- Be able to network and develop key relationships
- Be observant and resourceful
- Be methodical
- Be a team player
- Business degree or diploma
- Strong English language skills -second Asian or European language skills will be beneficial
BB Energy (Asia) Pte Ltd.
3 Temasek Avenue
#32 - 02 Centennial Tower
Applications should be lodged before noon on 31st March 2019
Code of Ethics & Business Conduct
The success of our business is dependent on the trust and confidence we earn from our employees, customers and shareholders. We gain credibility by adhering to our commitments, displaying honesty and integrity and reaching company goals solely through honorable conduct.
We all deserve to work in an environment where we are treated with dignity and respect. BB Energy Group is committed to creating such an environment because it brings out the full potential in each one of us, which in return contributes directly to our business success. Our people are our success.
At BB Energy Group everyone feels comfortable to speak their mind, particularly with respect to ethics concerns. We are equally responsible to create an open and supportive environment and we have embraced the benefit of people exercising their power to prevent mistakes or wrongdoing by asking the right questions at the right time