Location: United Kingdom
- Job Title: Junior Refined Products Analyst
- Location: London, UK
- Start date: ASAP
- Job Summary: Supporting trading decisions with critical market insight and reporting
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Operating across the globe, BB Energy is among the world's leading independent energy trading companies - applying our depth of experience to oil refining, logistics, storage and financing.
At BB Energy, we are constantly evolving in order to meet new challenges, while developing our personnel to ensure a competitive edge.
Our global trading offices are staffed by experienced traders who count Gas, Crude Oil, Light and Middle Distillates, as well as Bitumen, as their specialties. These traders are supported by skilled shipping and financial operations personnel concentrated in Athens.
BB Energy has cemented its position as a pioneer in the Mediterranean and Black Sea regions and built exceptionally strong ties with the Middle East. From these core markets BB Energy has expanded its activities from the Far East to the Americas.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a highly motivated and inquisitive person to join our team full-time as a junior refined products analyst; supporting trading decisions with critical market insight, including global shipping flows. Development would be strongly supported by senior members of the team with the aim of significant growth within the role and, in the long term, potential for advancement within a rapidly expanding and ambitious organisation.
To succeed in this role, you need to be a self-starter, able to problem solve and draw logical conclusions in face of ambiguity and mixed information.
- Monitoring import and export flows of refined products and relating to product balances and trading activity;
- Liaise with shipping contacts, analysts and traders to gain information used as inputs for the supply & demand model;
- Undertake ad hoc analysis/reporting;
- Analysing refinery fundamentals;
- Providing support and guidance to commercial decision making;
- All other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Good academic performance in Graduate/Postgraduate education;
- Fluent in English (any other language will be considered an asset);
- Be detailed, methodical and self-disciplined;
- Proactive with high capacity for developing/learning;
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving;
- Commercial awareness;
- Be a team player;
- Genuine interest in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
Applications should be lodged before noon on 22nd June 2018
The success of our business is dependent on the trust and confidence we earn from our employees, customers and shareholders. We gain credibility by adhering to our commitments, displaying honesty and integrity and reaching company goals solely through honorable conduct.
We all deserve to work in an environment where we are treated with dignity and respect. BB Energy Group is committed to creating such an environment because it brings out the full potential in each one of us, which in return contributes directly to our business success. Our people are our success.
At BB Energy Group everyone feels comfortable to speak their mind, particularly with respect to ethics concerns. We are equally responsible to create an open and supportive environment and we have embraced the benefit of people exercising their power to prevent mistakes or wrongdoing by asking the right questions at the right time