Location: United Kingdom
- Job Title: In House Counsel
- Department: Legal
- Job Summary: To provide legal support to the Group
- Location: London, UK
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Operating across the globe, BB Energy is among the world's leading independent energy trading companies - applying our depth of experience to oil refining, logistics, storage and financing.
At BB Energy, we are constantly evolving in order to meet new challenges, while developing our personnel to ensure a competitive edge.
Our global trading offices are staffed by experienced traders who count Gas, Crude Oil, Light and Middle Distillates, as well as Bitumen, as their specialties. These traders are supported by skilled shipping and financial operations personnel concentrated in Athens.
BB Energy has cemented its position as a pioneer in the Mediterranean and Black Sea regions and built exceptionally strong ties with the Middle East. From these core markets BB Energy has expanded its activities from the Far East to the Americas.
- Review, negotiate and draft contracts related to oil and oil products, LNG and other energy trading transactions, including physical and derivative trading, offtake agreements, marketing agreements, master agreements, terminal storage and throughput agreements, maritime, road and pipeline transportation agreements, financial agreements;
- Coordinate and manage merger & acquisition, construction and EPC projects from a legal perspective;
- Assist and co-ordinate simple and complex dispute resolution with trading and shipping counterparties, service providers and other third parties;
- Assist other support functions such as Claims, Contracts, Compliance, Finance, Credit, and Business Development in the supply and trading context;
- Following and advising on regulatory, compliance and risk exposure under relevant laws and regulations including: competition law, market manipulation rules, international trade, import/export rules, anticorruption laws, corporate governance, anti-boycott and sanctioned parties;
- Reviewing new business relationships with vendors and subcontractors;
- Conduct research on all legal matters and business projects, as required;
- Research and provide updates on national and international law related to the business;
- Instruct and manage external legal counsel.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- UK qualified solicitor
- Experience in international crude oil, refined products and natural gas trading gained over a period of 5+ years
- Practice both in-house and in private practice is essential
- Excellent use of Microsoft office and Internet, touch typing skills
- Excellent use of English (verbal and written)
- Excellent organizational skills and time management skills
- Effective communicator, able to establish and maintain professional relationships (internal and external)
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Proactive, professional and flexible approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and decisively to the legal needs of the group in a rapidly changing and fast paced highly competitive trading environment whilst at all times emphasizing compliance with all applicable laws
- Sound understanding of corporate and legal structures and associated policies and practices
- A 2nd language such as French or Spanish desirable
- Eligibility to work in the UK
Applications should be lodged before noon on 01st June 2018
The success of our business is dependent on the trust and confidence we earn from our employees, customers and shareholders. We gain credibility by adhering to our commitments, displaying honesty and integrity and reaching company goals solely through honorable conduct.
We all deserve to work in an environment where we are treated with dignity and respect. BB Energy Group is committed to creating such an environment because it brings out the full potential in each one of us, which in return contributes directly to our business success. Our people are our success.
At BB Energy Group everyone feels comfortable to speak their mind, particularly with respect to ethics concerns. We are equally responsible to create an open and supportive environment and we have embraced the benefit of people exercising their power to prevent mistakes or wrongdoing by asking the right questions at the right time